Friday, July 15, 2011

Where Did It All Go?

Today got me thinking as I was looking through some old photos, Why do friendships end? Of course there are some obvious reasons such as distance, changing interests, or a bad fight. Still, it doesn't always have to be that way. Personally, as school approaches I am full of apprehension. Most of my friends are gone. That doesn't even begin to cover it... I'm basically starting from scratch. They all left to go on their Missions and while I love reading the letters/emails/blogs I miss them and hope the clock will go by just a bit quicker. Guess I can't help but feel a bit lonely. Now don't get me wrong I'm practically dying to go back to school but it really does feel like freshman year all over again. New roommates, new ward, new classes, and a heck of a lot of uncertainty. I mean I really took the plunge and I don't know a single girl I'm rooming with. Seriously, I don't even know the girl who will be 2 feet away from me in our shared room. Kinda scary! But back to my original question, why do friendships end? Sometimes it is for the better of the two parties. Sometimes it is better for one person and not the other. Above all else the memories cannot be erased and so I find myself questioning and wondering how it all went so wrong. Well, that's my little rant and now that I feel a bit better I'm off to watch some Modern Family. If you haven't seen that show I highly recommend it. You'll find yourself in tears because you are laughing so hard. It never fails to lift my spirits when I am feeling particularly blue.

Random Fact: 68 percent of a Hostess Twinkie is air!

No comments:

Post a Comment