Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Wish I Could Brofist a Pterodactyl





Yeah, so this is a pretty random post but I just couldn't help myself after listening to this song. First, I must pay respect where respect is due, Thank you Adam and Michael for introducing me to this song via Facebook. Not only is this song pretty good but it sums up my childhood perfectly. While other little girls were dressing up dolls and pretending to be a Princess I was reading dinosaur books and watching Animal Planet or Discovery Channel. Yes, even from a young age I was a little nerd. Those were the good old days. I distinctly remember going to the library and checking out tons of books on dinosaurs. Now for those of you who know me well also know that I have a knack for remembering facts about animals. In this case I became a bit obsessive over MY yes MY dinosaurs. By the age of 7 I could tell you everything you would ever want to know about Dinosaurs and even more that you never knew or cared to know. My goal in life was to be a paleontologist and dig up super cool dinosaur bones in some desert around the world. Yep, I thought that would be pretty fantastic. 

We had this area in our backyard that was just dirt and for Christmas when I was 5 I asked for Tonka Trucks, specifically a dump truck and a "digger" as I called them. Christmas morning arrived and while feverishly ripping the beautifully wrapped paper off the present I got my Tonka trucks!

 









On a fine spring day I grabbed them and set out to go play in the dirt. With my trusty plastic shovel in hand I embarked on my own Dig. I scouted out the site and began the excavation process. I must have been out there for far too long because it started getting dark. My mom called my name and when I emerged all covered in dirt she was shocked. "Where have you been? I've been so worried." Smiling I took her to show her my masterpiece. There in the dirt I had dug a giant hole that I could easily sit in. It was then that I noticed a small cut on my finger from the shovel. It had been all caked with dirt and it wasn't until now that I felt the pain. Unfortunately, on this dig I did not discover a new scaly friend's remains. Maybe one day.... Kind of funny how your dreams and aspirations change from when you were 5 until the time you are in college. 

Random Fact: Crayola is a French word that means "Oily chalk."

No comments:

Post a Comment