Thursday, September 22, 2011

Random trip to Israel?

This morning was crazy. Jump out of bed at 8:20 throw on some clothes, grab a granola bar, and head off to class. I got to the JSB only to find the printer wasn't working. I didn't know where the other printers were in the ESC or the BNSN so I traveled across campus to the Talmage building where I printed off my assignment. Needless to say I am buying a printer TONIGHT! No more trekking across campus 5 minutes before class. Gosh. So after this journey in the crisp autumn air, yes it is autumn here now, I flopped into my seat removed said paper from my backpack and put it on the table. Nearly everyone in the class had arrived when I turned to my friend Mariam and commented on how Brother Ogden was going to be late. Just then as if their ears had been burning one of his TAs came in and announced that he had randomly decided to go to Israel and should be back next week so class was canceled! HOOORAY! Since I didn't get to eat breakfast or do a number of things this morning I was over joyed. I happily traipsed down the hill to home and made myself a celebratory bowl of oatmeal. Yes, it tasted that much sweeter knowing that I did not have class until noon now. I still can't believe that my professor just decided to up and leave. There must be something REALLY exciting going on in Israel that called his attention. Nevertheless, I am grateful for his absence on a crazy morning like this. So I salute you Professor Ogden and your random spur of the moment trips to Israel. Thank you!

Random Fact: Chocolate syrup was used for blood in the famous 45 second shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's movie, Psycho, which actually took 7 days to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment