Saturday, March 26, 2011

I looked out the window and what did I see....

This morning I awoke to find a winter wonderland. Yesterday I was in shorts and today I was bundled up like an Eskimo. Utah weather, I am on my knees here. I surrender to your all powerful indecisiveness. As the day progressed it snowed and snowed and snowed! At one point it was so heavy you couldn't even see the mountains. As I braved the "blizzard" to walk to my appointment with my chem teacher here are a few things that I saw:

 These poor ducks looked a little lost and came to me begging for food. :( I wanted to go back to my apartment and get them some bread.


This was right outside my apartment all the snow on the ground. Gotta love Provo weather.


A bird's eye view of frozen over Provo from the third floor of the Benson Building on Campus. You can almost see my apartment where I will be staying next year. It is slightly further to the right.








As you can see just because the calendar says it should be warming up doesn't mean Provo has to agree. I want to be in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm so done with the cold and the snow. Hopefully next weekend will be nice but it is conference weekend so it will be spent mostly inside. The plus side is I get to sleep in! No 8:30 am church for me :P You have no idea how excited that makes me. This cold weather also inspired me to write a little song to the primary tune "Popcorn Popping":

 I looked out the window and what did I see... 
Snowflakes falling on the Apricot Tree
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise...
Snowmen forming right before my eyes

 I can take an handful and make one too
A cold white ball I can throw at you

It wasn't really spring, but it should have been.
Snowflakes falling right before my eyes

Well world I hope it is warm and sunny wherever you are and not snowing. Have a great weekend!

Random Fact: Grapes explode when cooked in the microwave. (Yes I have done this and it works)

No comments:

Post a Comment