Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sun? A long lost friend


I could already feel the UV rays being soaked into my pale skin. It was like a hug from an old friend. I have missed the sun and its warm rays. It is like a transformation has taken place over night and the campus is crawling with life again. Everyone is out sitting on blankets with mountains of books around them. A few are playing frisbee or simply reading a good book. It is so refreshing to not have to be bundled up like an eskimo just to go to class. Gone are the days of mittens, snow boots, and chattering teeth. I welcome this new weather with open arms. It can stay as long as it likes with no fear of overstaying its welcome.

Still, despite this beautiful weather I am not holding my breath that it will stay. Utah is notorious for that freak snow storm in the middle of April. With some luck that won't happen this year. The grass is starting to turn green again and it is warm enough to rain instead of snow. :) This has never made me so happy. Utah rain is annoying though because when it rains it is more of a drizzle all day long. It is far from the flash floods of Bangkok where the sky would dump it's huge drops of H2O down on you when you least expect it for 20 minutes and then the sun would come out. For instance last Monday it rained alllllllll day! I kid you not. From the time I was in class at 9am to the time I left at 6pm it was raining.

The birds are back! I enjoy listening to their love calls. This also means that the ducks can enjoy their frolicking once more. I can't wait to see the little ducklings. For some reason or another I've taken a liking to the ducks around campus and get rather excited when I see them. Perhaps it is because I am such an animal lover and deprived of them here on campus. I gotta get my fix somehow! Thank goodness for horses every saturday that I can go to and enjoy the presence of Dassa the large, white Great Pyrenees. She is such a sweetheart.

On a random note this whole Daylight Savings time has me thrown off. It is 6pm now and still the sun is blazing. Oh don't get me wrong I love that but my internal clock is rather confused. It will be nice to get out of classes though and not have it be pitch dark. Well enough rambling for now. I am off to do some much needed spring cleaning.

Random Fact: The word sophomore means sophisticated moron.

1 comment:

  1. I have been in love with the ducks since last fall, and eagerly await the baby ducklings so that I can secretly keep one under my bed.

    ReplyDelete