Sunday, March 13, 2011

I See The Light - Tangled up in you



I just had to share this... The song is beautiful and it really touched me. If you haven't seen this movie then you are really missing out. Disney really knows how to do things right. Maximus is probably my favorite character. He is a horse that acts like a dog and is just hilarious. Really though go and watch this movie. It will be well worth your money and your time.

It really got me thinking about my life. I truly do believe I am where I am meant to be in my life. To me the light in this song is Christ and he can really lift your burdens for you. When you come unto him and truly trust him everything can change. Another quote that has really stuck with me this week is from the devotional on Tuesday.

Russel T. Osguthorpe, President of the General Sunday School for the LDS faith said: "If we are not acting out of love, we're nothing. "What if we were only motivated by love? What if all the words we spoke were motivated by love?"


Can you imagine how just that would change our lives exponentially? This week I am really going to try to view everything with love. That's my goal! I'll let you know how I do next Sunday when I post. So many problems can be solved and confrontations could be stopped before they even begin if we just view it through love. When applied to our schoolwork you can notice that the subjects that fascinate us and that we "love" we strive to do better in. If we were to read our textbooks because we "love" to do it than we learn so much more than if we do it begrudgingly. This is my goal this next week. To really try to look at everything with love. It won't be hard in some cases, *cough* Mark *cough* but when I feel frustrated or stressed with classes it will be more difficult. 

I would challenge everyone who reads this blog post to try and do the same thing. I would be really interested in seeing how it affects your life. Please leave comments saying you will commit to doing this with me and then I'd love to hear the stories when I post my results. Have a wonderful week everyone :)

Random Fact: The phrase 'rule of thumb' is derived from the old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment